We are looking for a Part-time Community Outreach & Events Coordinator!
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for this role.
Part-time Community Outreach & Events Coordinator (Contractor)
Anticipated contract duration: March 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Compensation: up to $30,000 over 12 months, billed hourly, with an anticipated average of 20 hours per week and a $5,000 bonus for the completion of a year-long commitment
Preferred start date: No later than Mar 31, 2021
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Maintainers is seeking community outreach and events support including planning and coordination of events, development of relationships with collaborative partners, and community engagement for the duration of “The Maintainers: Building the Movement for Maintenance Thinking and Action” grant project. This project is led by The Maintainers and generously funded by The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the Siegel Family Foundation.
The Maintainers (maintainers.org) is a global research network interested in the concepts of maintenance, infrastructure, repair, and the myriad forms of labor and expertise that sustain our human-built world. Our participants come from a variety of backgrounds, including engineers and business leaders, academic historians and social scientists, government and non-profit agencies, artists, activists, coders, and more. Our desired impact is to build a movement for maintenance thinking and action; to inspire shifts in resource allocation towards long-term investment for human and physical infrastructure; to provide tools and strategies to maintenance professionals and managers who seek greater resources for maintenance and preservation; to enhance public understanding and spark interest in maintenance, repair, infrastructure, and long-term thinking; to inspire new scholarship and new connections between researchers and practitioners.
This role would be a part-time contract, designed to support The Maintainers team with the following responsibilities and tasks from start date to end of March 2023:
- Maintain calendar with all the outreach activities and events
- Plan and coordinate monthly Maintainers community and fellowship events
- Facilitate online (via Zoom platform) events and meetings, including preparation of agendas, ice-breakers, guiding questions, and overall meeting structure
- Streamline an event submission process for our community members to propose Maintainers co-sponsored events
- Build attendee excitement and generate broader event awareness by leveraging existing channels and thinking creatively about new community touchpoints
- Assist with refining Maintainers programs by tracking meaningful data on the impact of our outreach efforts
- Assist Project Coordinator with development and solicitation of Maintainers newsletter content and updating our website
- Prepare and distribute content to promote events, partnerships, and broad network engagement
- Edit, update, and proof recordings, transcripts, and other resourcing resulting from events
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with existing and potential partners
- Be a collaborative thought leader with other Maintainers team members and be willing to help as needed
Skills and Experience
- 3 years of experience in event planning & management, community outreach, marketing, and partner engagement;
- Preferred experience coordinating virtual events using ticketing, streaming, and event management platforms (e.g. Zoom, Twitter, YouTube Live, Eventbrite, Meetup, etc.)
- Experience working on/with distributed teams to develop and successfully execute events and programs;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- The Maintainers is a fully remote organization, with project leadership based in US Eastern Standard and Central Standard time. Candidates should be available 3+ hours/day to communicate with other members of the Maintainers project team.
- This role is a part-time contract position. Candidates will be responsible for their own equipment costs, insurance, and taxes.
- This position does not provide a work visa for any specific nation. Candidates should already be able to work legally where they are based.
Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume, both together in a single PDF document, by uploading them onto this Google Form. The cover letter should address the reason(s) you are interested in working with the Maintainers network, your approach to accessible and equitable event planning (e.g., tools and practices), as well as examples of events and community outreach initiatives that you have led, planned or helped coordinate. Please include any direct links to examples of your work online in your cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Dapena Fraiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will start reviewing applications, Monday, January 31, 2022 and the position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.